Salmon roll-ups are usually considered appetizers, but they also make a delicious breakfast. These are inspired by bagels and lox, but without the carbohydrates.
PREP 25 minutes
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions, white and green parts
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1 (4-ounce) package cold-smoked salmon (about 12 slices)
1. Put the cream cheese, lemon zest, mustard, and scallions in a food processor (or blender), and season with pink Himalayan salt and pepper. Process until fully mixed and smooth.
2. Spread the cream-cheese mixture on each slice of smoked salmon, and roll it up. Place the rolls on a plate seam-side down.
3. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered in plastic wrap or in a lidded container, for up to 3 days.
You can substitute chopped fresh dill or capers for the scallions.
Per Batch Calories: 536; Total Fat: 44g; Carbs: 8g; Net Carbs: 6g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 28g
Per Serving Calories: 268; Total Fat: 22g; Carbs: 4g; Net Carbs: 3g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 14g