The best part about making keto-friendly breakfasts is how many simple ingredients can be combined to give you the perfect healthy fat–filled meal. Sausage patties topped with mashed avocado and a gooey, sunny-side-up egg is the perfect start to a morning.
PREP 10 minutes
COOK 15 minutes
8 ounces ground pork
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons ghee, divided
2 large eggs
1 avocado Pink Himalayan salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix well to combine the ground pork, garlic powder, and onion powder. Form the mixture into 2 patties.
3. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon of ghee.
4. Add the sausage patties and cook for 2 minutes on each side, until browned.
5. Transfer the sausage to a baking sheet. Cook in the oven for 8 to 10minutes, until cooked through.6. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of ghee to the skillet. When it is hot, crack the eggs into the skillet and cook without disturbing for about 3minutes, until the whites are opaque and the yolks have set.
7. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash the avocado.8. Season the eggs with pink Himalayan salt and pepper.
9. Remove the cooked sausage patties from the oven.
10. Place a sausage patty on each of two warmed plates. Spread half of the mashed avocado on top of each sausage patty, and top each with a fried egg. Serve hot.
You can use precooked frozen sausage patties for an even quicker breakfast. Just make sure they are sugar-free.
Per Batch Calories: 1066; Total Fat: 88g; Carbs: 14g; Net Carbs: 5g; Fiber: 9g; Protein: 57g
Per Serving Calories: 533; Total Fat: 44g; Carbs: 7g; Net Carbs: 3g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 29g