Cheesy egg nests are one of the easiest but most visually impressive breakfasts you can make. In the skillet, surround a couple of sunny-side-up eggs with cheese to combine a crispy cheese edge with a gooey egg yolk. I’ve topped the nest with avocado, spinach, and Parmesan cheese for a delicious mixture of flavor and texture.
PREP 5 minutes
COOK 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ avocado, diced¼ cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil.
2. Crack the eggs into the skillet right next to each other.
3. Season the eggs with pink Himalayan salt and pepper.
4. When the egg whites start to set, after about 2 minutes, sprinkle the mozzarella cheese around the entire perimeter of the eggs.
5. Add the diced avocado and chopped spinach to the cheese “nest.”
6. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the eggs and the nest.
7. Cook until the edges of the mozzarella cheese just begin to brown and get crispy, 7 to 10 minutes.8. Transfer to a warm plate and enjoy hot.
You can use fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley instead of spinach.
Per Serving Calories: 563; Total Fat: 46g; Carbs: 9g; Net Carbs: 4g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 31g