I’m guessing Brussels sprouts haven’t been on your breakfast menu before? They didn’t use to be on mine either, but now I love them any time of day. When mixed with eggs and bacon, they make a perfect breakfast that is healthy, beautiful, and super easy to make.
PREP 5 minutes
COOK 20 minutes
- ½ pound Brussels sprouts, cleaned, trimmed, and halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 bacon slices, diced4 large eggs
- Pinch red pepper flakes2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a medium bowl, toss the halved Brussels sprouts in the olive oil, and season with pink Himalayan salt and pepper.
3. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
4. Put the Brussels sprouts and bacon in the pan, and roast for 12minutes.
5. Take the pan out of the oven, and stir the Brussels sprouts and bacon. Using a spoon, create 4 wells in the mixture.
6. Carefully crack an egg into each well.
7. Season the eggs with pink Himalayan salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
8. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the Brussels sprouts and eggs.
9. Cook in the oven for 8 more minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your preference, and serve.
You can omit the Parmesan cheese and use your favorite chopped salted nuts instead.
Per Batch Calories: 802; Total Fat: 57g; Carbs: 23g; Net Carbs: 14g; Fiber: 9g; Protein: 54g
Per Serving Calories: 401; Total Fat: 29g; Carbs: 12g; Net Carbs: 7g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 27g